Saturday 29 March 2014

FMP Ideas Feedback

I recently had my peer feedback after presenting my 3 final ideas to my college peers and tutor, the feedback given was very useful but I also wanted more critical feedback which is why each college peer was to comment below on our blogs below my ideas in the comment box.
A few peers mentioned my last idea was my most exciting and how I had done more research on the idea than I did the others.

The idea I was most enthusiastic about was the recreation of great classical films modernised with theatrical makeup.

College peers mentioned that I should try and shoot my models in areas on location that look like the movies for example 'Bugsy Malone' shot in a bar a retro old fashioned bar or cafe.
The Moulin Rouge shoot could be shot in the theatre same as the Chicago movie, this was very good feedback given I am definitely taking these ideas into account.

After my presentation I read through some of the comments posted on my blog and a few college peers like the doll idea more because of the dramatic makeup and one peers gave a good comment of having the doll idea but from different countries so how we portray women as dolls from all different parts of the world. This was a good idea and got me thinking more about it because I was thinking more along the lines of having doll makeup when I first started to think about my FMP but then my tutor convinced me to think broader and wide. Although I have always enjoyed fashion photography I have never pushed the boundaries I have only ever advertised clothing or brands.

Where as now I want to be more over the top and do something I have never done before and that’s when I thought about theatrical makeup.

The idea originally came from visiting Barcelona as part of a college trip and we walked down the main street where you have people dressed up as different characters to earn a bit of money on the street and I saw one character which caught my eye 'Mad Hatter' from Alice and Wonderland and I instantly thought that’s what I want to do, characters from fairy tales for example I was researching how to do the makeup for these characters like Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts.


Once I had that idea I mentioned to my tutor about it and how I really got excited about the mad makeup but recreating a movie character but she didn’t seem to keen on the idea and helped me create a mind map of different ideas to broaden my mind a bit more and be more creative and creating a final project which will reflect me or be close to me and that when we came up with the recreation idea of movies like Chicago and Moulin rouge because I was a big fan of all the classical films when I was younger also staring in a play at school to Chicago 'dance' that’s why I think I went into more detail with the research when it came to my presentation to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment